Are you interested in the state of website positioning in 2020? Then look no additional.
We’ve curated, vetted, and categorized an inventory of up-to-date stats beneath.
Click to leap to a class, or maintain studying for our high website positioning statistics.
These are essentially the most fascinating website positioning stats we expect it’s best to know.
- 68% of online experiences start with a search engine. (BrightEdge)
- 0.78% of Google searchers click on on outcomes from the 2nd page. (Backlinko)
- 53.3% of all web site site visitors comes from natural search. (BrightEdge)
- 92.96% of world site visitors comes from Google search, Google Images, and Google Maps. (Sparktoro)
- website positioning drives 1000%+ extra site visitors than natural social media. (BrightEdge)
- 69.7% of search queries include 4 phrases or extra. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 60% of entrepreneurs say that inbound (website positioning, weblog content material, and so on) is their highest high quality supply of leads. (HubSpot)
- website positioning leads have a 14.6% shut fee. (HubSpot)
These stats about rating in Google may shock you.
- 90.63% of pages get no natural search site visitors from Google. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- The top-ranking page will get essentially the most search site visitors solely 49% of the time. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- Only 5.7% of pages will rank within the high 10 search outcomes inside a 12 months of publication. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 25.02% of top-ranking pages don’t have a meta description. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 40.61% of pages have meta descriptions that truncate. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- Google reveals meta descriptions in search outcomes solely 37.22% of the time. That rises to 40.35% for fat-head key phrases and drops to 34.38% for long-tails. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- The common top-ranking page additionally ranks within the high 10 search outcomes for almost 1,000 different related key phrases. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- The common page within the high 10 is 2+ years outdated. (Marketing Media Wizard)
Google says that backlinks are one among their high three rating components. Check out these link-related stats.
- 66.31% of pages don’t have any backlinks. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- Most top-ranking pages get ‘followed’ backlinks from new web sites at a tempo of +5%-14.5% per thirty days. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- Generally talking, the extra backlinks a page has, the extra natural site visitors it will get from Google. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- The common price of shopping for a hyperlink is $361.44. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- The common price of publishing a paid visitor publish is $77.80. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 73.6% of domains have reciprocal hyperlinks, which means that among the websites they hyperlink to additionally hyperlink to them. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 43.7% of the top-ranking pages have some reciprocal hyperlinks. (Marketing Media Wizard)
Most website positioning campaigns start with key phrase analysis. Here are some stats about how persons are looking on Google.
- 92.42% of key phrases get ten month-to-month searches or fewer. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 70.87% of key phrases with greater than 10,000 month-to-month searches include just one or two phrases. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 13.53% of key phrases with ten searches per thirty days or fewer include just one or two phrases. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- Around 8% of search queries are phrased as questions. (Moz)
- 0.16% of the preferred key phrases are accountable for 60.67% of all searches (Marketing Media Wizard)
How a lot do website positioning professionals cost for his or her companies? Are you charging greater or decrease than the common? Let’s have a look at the stats.
- 74.71% of SEOs cost a month-to-month retainer charge for his or her shoppers. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- For month-to-month retainers, $501-$1,000 per thirty days is the preferred pricing tier. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- For hourly pricing, $100-$150 per hour is the preferred pricing tier. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- For per-project pricing, $501-$1,000 is the preferred pricing tier. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- 88.28% of SEOs cost $150/hour or much less for his or her companies. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- On common, SEOs who’ve been in enterprise for two+ years cost 39.4% extra per hour, 102.41% extra for month-to-month retainers, and a 275% extra for one-off initiatives than those that’ve been in enterprise for fewer than two years. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- On common, SEOs serving the worldwide market cost 130.74% greater than these serving the native marketplace for month-to-month retainers. (Marketing Media Wizard)
As SEOs, it is very important perceive the place search engines are proper now—and the place they’re going.
- 12.29% of search queries have featured snippets of their search outcomes. (Marketing Media Wizard)
- The #1 lead to Google’s natural search outcomes has a median CTR of 31.7%. (Backlinko)
- There are an estimated 3.5 billion searches on Google every day. (Internet Live Stats)
- 39% of purchasers are influenced by a related search. (Think With Google)
- 61.5% of desktop searches and 34.4% of cell searches lead to no-clicks. (Sparktoro)
If you serve clients regionally, it’s best to concentrate on enhancing your native search presence so extra folks can discover you. These stats present the significance of fine native website positioning.
- 30% of all cell searches are associated to location. (Think With Google)
- 76% of people that search on their smartphones for one thing close by go to a enterprise inside a day. (Think With Google)
- 28% of searches for one thing close by lead to a purchase order. (Think With Google)
- Yelp seems within the high 5 search outcomes for 92% of Google net queries that embrace a metropolis and enterprise class. (FreshChalk)
- 54% of smartphone customers search for enterprise hours and 53% search for instructions to an area retailer. (Think With Google)
- About 45% of world buyers purchase online after which decide up in-store (Think With Google)
- “Where to purchase” + “near me” cell queries have grown by over 200% from 2017–2019. (Think With Google)
- Mobile searches for “store open near me” (e.g., “grocery store open near me”) have grown by over 250% from 2017–2019. (Think With Google)
- Mobile searches for “on sale” + “near me” (e.g., “tires on sale near me”) have grown by over 250% YOY from 2017–2019. (Think With Google)
We’ve had nice success driving clients utilizing video marketing. Are you doing it too? If not, these statistics may shock you.
- Video is the #1 type of media utilized in content material technique, overtaking blogs and infographics. (HubSpot)
- The variety of feedback, views, shares, and ‘likes’ had a robust correlation with greater YouTube rankings. (Backlinko)
- 68.2% of first-page YouTube outcomes are HD movies. (Backlinko)
- The common size of a first-page YouTube video is 14 minutes, 50 seconds. (Backlinko)
With increasingly more folks transferring to cell search, and Google’s transfer to mobile-first indexing, there isn’t any doubt that cell website positioning has change into extremely essential.
- 52.2% of all web site site visitors worldwide comes from cell phones. (Statista)
- There are extra searches on cell than on desktop. (Think With Google)
- 51% of smartphone customers have found a brand new firm or product when conducting a search on their smartphones. (Think With Google)
- On common, rating in place #1 on cell will get you 27.7% of the clicks, whereas rating in place #1 on desktop will get you 19.3% of the clicks. (SEOClarity)
“Hey, Google, what’s the present state of voice search?”
- 40.7% of all voice search solutions come from a featured snippet. (Backlinko)
- The typical voice search result’s solely 29 phrases in size. (Backlinko)
- Approximately 75% of voice search outcomes rank within the high Three for that question. (Backlinko)
- The common studying stage of a voice search result’s ninth grade. (Backlinko)
- Websites with robust ‘link authority’ are likely to rank properly in voice search. In reality, the common Domain Rating of a Google Home result’s 76.8. (Backlinko)
- 48% of customers are utilizing voice for “general web searches.” (Search Engine Land)
Interested in studying extra about website positioning? Read concerning the fundamentals right here, or watch this video:
Did I miss out on any cool or essential website positioning stats? Let me know on Twitter.
Shows what number of totally different web sites are linking to this piece of content material. As a basic rule, the extra web sites hyperlink to you, the upper you rank in Google.